Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tuesday Golf



Played my Tuesday golf at Shawnee GC yesterday. I shot a 42 - 43 = 85. I really hit my 3-wood good and chipped extremely well. However, I once again couldn't convert those nice chips into MADE putts and bogied a lot of holes I should have parred. On the front nine I had 1 par and 8 bogeys. While I feel good about not having any big numbers, There were a lot of pars I should have converted. Over the 18 holes I also had about 4 drives that were terrible. We put up $3 when we play and they pay the lowest front nine, back nine, and 18 holes, with handicap. My handicap is 14. The problem with me winning any money is that I'm too consistant! I shoot within one or two strokes of my handicap every week. I usually play with J. R. Harris, whom I've mentioned before that I don't feel I've played well unless I beat him by 10 strokes. I shot a 42 - 43 this week. He shot a 41 - 51! He wins a lot of times because he keeps his handicap up while shooting one good nine, one bad nine! He doesn't throw off, that's just the way he plays. Several of the guys play like that and they're the ones that usually win the money. Maybe I need to work on being a little more inconsistant!
Oh, by the way. This is round 22 for the year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a change in strategy is what is needed. Recording the patterns of play has got to help one when change is needed. I wanted Tiger and at the end Phil to win last weekend. Got disappointed all around.
Peggy

Judith Bowman said...

Try hitting left-handed? No, after some deep breathing, try lobbing a lateral from the inside up the rail to the outfield. After your two-minute warning, spike it with a slap shot to the corner and then dribble it into the cup. Without walking! Works every time.(?)