Sunday, June 28, 2009

Semi-Annual Slyder Cup Championship


One of the major championships was held today at Long View GC in Georgetown, Ky.
The Slyder Cup. The losers have to buy the White Castles. J. R. and I are partners against Harold Goad and Barry Rahn. We get two strokes a side. Front nine played as a two man scramble and the back nine played alternate shot.
J. R. and I fell down two holes early and tied it up by the eighth hole. The ninth hole turned out to be the pivotal hole of the match. We had a poor tee shot, short and left of the fairway. They had a nice shot down the middle. We pushed our second shot over the cart path making a lob shot over the bunker our only choice. They hit the green. Our best shot turned out to be a ball about 4 feet off the front of the green. We're off the front of the green in 3, they're on in two. We're looking at losing this hole. J. R. drills the putt from off the green and they three putt to lose the hole. We go to the back side 1 up. We won the match 2 and 1. The golf was fun, the match exciting, but the crowds were kinda down this year.
The next Slyder Cup will be this Fall, late September or early October. Get your tickets early!

3 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I intended to fix a really, really fine dinner this evening, but figured you'd win and be full of white castles. That's why there was no dinner ready when you got home.

Bad Bob said...

Darn. I've gotten used to those fine dinners on Sunday evening.

Kevin said...

I wrote my post and then checked this blog. I guess you should have stopped by for a fine Sunday dinner. But White Castle's not bad at all. I'm convinced nothing smells better than the aroma from the Hikes Lane White Castle when I'm stopped at the light on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.