Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bad Golf Round 19 for the year...



I played Penn Run GC today with Bobby Flood. I shot a 48 - 44 = 92 and Bobby had a 52 - 44 = 96. I always give him 3 shots a side and we play $1 each side and $1 for the 18. I beat him the front side but he beat be the back and for the 18 so I lost a Dollar. Bobby Flood is the only golfer I know who plays faster than I do. He's the only one I've ever played with that I don't ever have to wait on.

On the back nine I had a '10' on the first par 5. I hit my drive down the right side and under a hanging tree branch. When I went to hit it out I got caught up in the branch on my backswing and "whiffed". Then proceeded to try and punch it out and twice hit into a dirt bank that didn't move the ball 2 inches each time. Then finally punched it down the fairway about 40 yards! So 4 shots to move the ball 40 yards! So without that hole, with just a bogie, it would have been a pretty good round. I've said before that the front nine on this course is just a little long for my game. One of the par 4's today I hit a very good drive, very good 3 wood, and was in the middle of the fairway 100 yards out for my third shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, it rained all day in Bardstown. Guess you had a good day.
QMM