Sunday, June 14, 2009

Doe Valley Scramble

I played at Doe Valley GC today with brother Joe and two of his Mail Carrier friends from Indiana. Now, I would give Joe a couple of strokes a side if we played heads up, and his friends I would play even and not be afraid to bet a little money. So, you know how I play and can see we didn't have a great team. I thought we did pretty well finishing 7th out of 14 teams and 3 under par. We started on hole #7, the number 1 handicap hole and bogeyed it. Our only bogey all day. I didn't play very well but was able to contribute my share. This is the only time I ever get to play golf with Joe so it was a good time. I was surprised how poor the fairways were. The greens were in good shape, but the fairway grass was very sparse and hadn't been cut for a while. We've had perfect weather for golf course maintenance this year and there is no excuse for any course not being in good shape. I don't know what their problem is, but they'd better be looking for a new greenskeeper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, only one bogey, I think that is good. Is it not? My little saying used to be, "No matter how bad the golf, the friends are always good." I used to say that about tennis, water skiing and a bunch of other things I could never do really well. I tried them all though. I was really good at badminton and hopscotch.
QMM