Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fun Day at the Water Park

Tuesday was Grandparents Day at the YMCA Waterpark. Mary Lynn and I had fun with the girls in the water. Of course, Mary Lynn had fund "watching" the girls in the water. The water was a little cold when you first got in but warmed up pretty quick. For me, anyway. Erin shivered the whole time and had goose-bumps on top of goose-bumps. Jill and I went to the top landing on the big bucket Waterfall, which required going under several water curtains. Erin and Jill neither one likes to have water falling on their heads, so it was very brave of Jill to go with me. Erin and I went down the small water slide together. Mark and I went down the big water slides to check them out. The yellow one was good and fast, but I didn't like the blue one. I started down and stuck. I had to keep pushing myself until I was halfway down then finally got going. Just as I got started good someone else, a small boy, hit me from behind and we finished the slide down together. The guard at the top doesn't let another person go until the slide is clear, but I took so long to get down they must have thought it had to be clear by now. I went down the yellow slide first and when I hit the water I lost my glasses. I had to do a Jacques Cousteau dive to recover them. We had fun and there are several more Grandparent days coming up and I'm looking forward to them. Maybe as they get used to it Erin and Jill will get more courage and go down the small water slides.




3 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Kim said Erin enjoyed the slide the last time they were there. Apparently she just didn't want to slide this time.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is a fun place. You all are making some great memories. Love it.
QMM

Brian said...

Did you get the crickets I dropped down there, too?