Monday, June 8, 2009

Another Farm Report ......



My pumpkins are up! About a week ago I planted pumpkins on the steep hillside that drops down to the alley. I planted 4 hills. When the pumpkins start to grow I'll need to put a couple of stakes behind each one to keep them from rolling down into the alley. When they start to come in I'll take a picture of the hillside they're on so you'll know how steep this hill is. When I'm back there I feel like I'm taking a big chance with my life because one little misstep could land you down in the alley in the path of an oncoming car. I know, I've done it before! (Several times). Look for fresh pumpkins here in about 90 days.

2 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I'm sure the squirrels can't wait for those fresh pumpkins.

Anonymous said...

Don't go away on a vacation, they will be overgrown by then. They can really take off. I love your gardening stories. I like Mary Lynn's idea for Mondays too.
QMM