Friday, June 19, 2009

Dora The Explorer at the Zoo

We went to the Zoo today because "Dora the Explorer", Erin and Jill's Heroine, was going to be at the Water Park between 5 and 7 p.m. It was hot. I mean Jungle hot. Sun beating down, 92 degree, 90 percent humidity hot!
Time for Dora. You had to be in line to see Dora. The line was long. In the Sun. I said "Erin, wouldn't you be just as happy to walk up and look at Dora." "Yes, that's all I really wanted to do anyway", says Erin. So, we walked up, took this picture, things were fine.
Mary Lynn: "Erin, would you like to stand in line so I can get your picture with Dora?"
Erin: "No. This is fine".
Mary Lynn: "Oh, c'mon. Let's get in line so I can get your picture,"
Erin: "No. It's too hot."
Mary Lynn: "Erin, I'd really like to get your picture standing with Dora. Please!"
Erin: "But I'm hot and really tired."
Mary Lynn: "Please, Please, Please!"
Erin: "OK. Just because I love you".
Well, they waited in line. Over and hour. In 92 degree heat. In the Sun. Finally, Erin stands beside Dora. Mary Lynn aims the camera and snaps the picture. Ooooops! The camera is in "Review" mode. No picture taken. Opportunity lost.
Thank goodness Kim got a picture.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We won't get to see Kim's picture though. Oh what grands will do for the little people.
Peggy

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Now wait a minute!!!Lets get the true story here. And ladies & gentlemen of the jury - who are you going to believe? I know who Julie will believe. (lord help the mister, who comes between me & my sister...) okay-here's the actural event. Erin wanted to be close to Dora and hug Dora - and of course, Grandpa, who can only take the heat when it's on the golf course, tried to talk Erin out of standing in line. But MiMi, who apparently loves Erin more than GrandPa does, was willing to stand in line forever if that was what Erin wanted to do. I wasn't in line just to get the photo, but for Erin to get to hug Dora. And Kim knew too how important it was to her, so we stayed. Now does anyone REALLY believe BBB's story about us having to talk her into standing in a long hot line so we could get a picture? And it really wasn't that hot.

Judith Bowman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judith Bowman said...

Well, OK - as a jurist, I question only one part of Mary Lynn's version (which, by the way, was very entertaining): if ML says it really wasn't that hot, it must have been sweltering. Am I right? (Nice try, Bad Bob).