Monday, June 15, 2009

St. Pius X Hole-in-One Contest





St. Pius X picnic Hole-in-One Contest had it's finals at Woodhaven Country Club at 6:00 pm tonight. Brian Tabler and Mark Wagner each were one of the 24 qualifiers. The picture on the left is the hole from behind the green. It measured 155 yards to the pin. Upper left is Mark's ball being measured at about 43 feet. Upper right is Brian's ball, about 66 feet from the pin. I think both finished in the top 10, with the winning shot just 10 feet from the hole. Mary Lynn and I went out to watch and I was surprised at how few spectators there were. I guess the rain scared them away. I don't think there were more than 20 people there. It was fun to watch, and Mark ended up with a dozen Titlist golf balls and Brian won 2 tickets to the Reds baseball game on July 7th.
The trees on either side of the front of the green definitly came into play. I'd say 3/4ths of the shots hit into those trees. Be sure to click on pictures to get a good view of the hole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob I loved these pictures. Maybe folks didn't know about it. I came home after art class and it got stormy and I took a nap. They did good though.
Peggy

Anonymous said...

By the way. I have tagged you to play "6 uninteresting things that make me happy." if you would like to play. Go to my blog today for directions.
Peggy