Saturday, June 27, 2009

Penn Run GC Scramble



I played in a scramble at Penn Run GC today with J. R. Harris, Bobby Flood and Don Roby. None of us are 'A' players. None of us are 'B' players. I would say some people would have a hard time confirming us a 'C' players, but that's what I'd call us. So, our team wasn't stacked. We played pretty good for a bunch of hackers and finished 3 under. I think 12 under won. But looking at the scoreboard I saw a lot of 70+ scores so I think we finished in the top half. We all screwed up a lot of shots but took turns hitting good shots. We scrambled! I hit a driver on a par 3, #8, dead at the pin. It hit the green and backed up 2 feet!. A Driver! If it had jumped forward 2 feet I could have won a TV! Bobby Flood had his name on one of the Closest to the pin holes, #11, but it was only our second hole so it didn't hold up. Well, we won door prizes, anyway. J. R. won and oil change, Bobby won a small 6-pack cooler and I won a $20 gift certificate at Penn Run. I don't think Don won anything, except the fun of playing a round with us. Oh, I forgot to tell you, Your age determined what tees you hit from. Don had to hit from the Blue, Bobby from the white and J.R. and I from the Red. So J. R. and I were able to help with our tee shots when we had a pretty good advantage on the hole.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man I hope you all played early. I just came in from the street art festival and I am fried. But it was a grand event. Check my blog tomorrow for so pics.
Peggy