Friday, August 17, 2012

This and that, ....and the other

I'm continuing Rehab.  I go every Mon-Wed-Fri morning at 7 am.  My workouts, in my opinion, have been very light, so I've asked to increase the levels on each of the machines I've been on.  Now I feel like I'm getting a pretty good workout without over doing it.
I am now allowed to play golf.  I can even walk if I like.  So, I'm going to walk 9 holes Tuesday at Shawnee GC and see how that goes.  And, if all goes well, I think I'll get back into my regular routine of Tuesday and Thursday golf starting next Thursday.  I will ride a cart at Iroquois GC the full 18.  I just think those hills are a little much to add to my golf.
I asked if I could cut my grass.  The answer was NO!  They want me to wait until the end of the Rehab sessions.  Hmmm.....that's the same answer I got from Mary Lynn.
I want to try and get a little time in at the Zoo.  I've been reluctant to go over there because of the heat and the hills.  It takes me a long while just to walk down to the MetaZoo, and then to walk back up to the exit, so I feel like doing anything else while I'm there would be pushing it.  But now that the weather is getting a little cooler I might be able to get over there and do a little something.

Now, the movie part I read for.  I was notified that I got a part in the movie, even though it wasn't the part I read for.  J. R. also got a part, and got the part he did read for.  So, in the near future I'll be working on a movie.  My character name is 'Scoots', a nursing home resident who is confined to a 'scooter', and J. R. will be 'The Colonel', a retired Army Colonel also in the nursing home.  We are old geezers who fight off an attack of Zombie's trying to invade the nursing home.  This is a local movie and I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.  It should be fun.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn said...

my my my...whatever will you get into next.