Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back Walking the Golf Course

I played Shawnee GC today.  I only played 9 holes, but I walked .  When I finished I was pretty tired, but but I'm glad I got the exercise.
I'm also glad they didn't have to send the ambulance out for me before I got in. 

My plan was to walk 9 at Shawnee GC today and play the full 18 at Iroquois GC Thursday riding a cart.  I would think if I can walk 9 it should be a breeze to play 18 in a cart.  Of course, it's supposed to be a little warmer Thursday.  But, if I keep myself hydrated, walk as little as possible, I should be OK.  I'm ready to get back on schedule.
Par for the front nine at Shawnee is 34.  I shot a 39.  I had 5 bogeys and 4 pars.  Nothing worse than a bogey.  I didn't play well, overall, but the score sure was acceptable.  I hit into a green side bunker on three holes in a row.  Two of them I hit out onto the fringe and 2 putted for my bogey.  The other, I made a nice sand shot to within 3 feet, and missed the putt.  Several of the bogeys I could have had a par if I could have just made a make able putt.  But, that's what goes south when you've been off for 5 weeks.  But, I'm working my way back.

No comments: