Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Not playing very well, but playing

I played my normal Tuesday golf at Shawnee GC today.  The weather was a little warm, so I decided it was best to use a cart for the whole 18 holes.  I'm playing pretty well, but it's like the beginning of the year when I just hit a lot of bad shots that sorta ruin holes.
That, and the fact that I really wasn't feeling well today.  I'm coming down with a Cold, and as the day went on I got to feeling worse and worse.  Plus, it was something that helped sap my energy, and I don't need that right now.
But, back to the game.  I shot a 39 - 46 = 85.  I really hit a lot of good tee shots today, but tended to lose a couple of them with a pull hook.  Needless to say, those were usually holes where there wasn't any room to the left, so it was either in the weeds or OB.  That tends to fatten my score.  I had a lot of good holes, even birdied #7, but just don't have that consistent game I had 7 weeks ago.   I putted well today, but my chipping didn't get me close enough to save my pars.  So, I didn't make those par putts, but, then again, I didn't 3 putt and only had tap in bogeys'
Well, I hope this Cold is a mild one and doesn't stay around long.  I don't need anything sapping my energy right now.  This was round 38 for the year.

No comments: