Saturday, August 25, 2012

Scramble Play

I played in a Scramble today at Seneca GC.  It was a Scramble to raise money for the Male HS Girls Basketball Team.  My son Brian's good friend, Jeff Sparks,  coaches the team.
My team was made up of 3 of my friends I grew up with and have known for almost 60 years.  We were the 'Oldest Team' out there.  We didn't play bad, finishing 3 under par.  Brian's Team finished tied for first, 10 under,  but finished 2nd, losing a scorecard playoff.
I really enjoyed the day.  Haven't gotten to play golf with those old friends of mine for years.  We've talked about getting out, but have never gotten around to it.
It seemed to take a lot more out of me today than it did Thursday, when I played 18 at Iroquois.  I think it was a little hotter, and the humidity was up.  So, looks like an afternoon of sitting in 'Big Easy' and watching golf on TV with my eyes closed.

No comments: