Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back on the Golf Course

I played golf today for the 1st time in 5 weeks, not counting the Scramble I played in on Monday.  This was the first time I've had to play my own rotten shots.    It was pretty bad.
I 3-putted the first 2 greens for bogies.  Which wasn't so bad, because I was hitting the ball well off the tee and from the fairway.  On the green in regulation, but not putting.  But then, I mis-hit a few shots on the next 2 holes and triple bogied both of them. 
It was nice to get out and play.  I only planned on playing 9 holes, and that's all I played.  I think I'll stick with just 9 holes the next couple of times I play.  I've gotta work my way back slowly.  By the way, my 9 holes today I shot a 49.  So you see, I've got a little work to do to get my game back to where it was 5 weeks ago.  Plus, I'm not really sure I was supposed to be playing.  I talked them into letting me play in the Scramble Monday, but I'm not sure that I was supposed to go out and play regular golf yet.  I'll ask them tomorrow if I can play golf now.  I'm also going to ask them if I can cut the grass.  I'm supposed to take it easy, but I don't know exactly what that means as far as what I can and can't do.  I'll make a new post after I go to Rehab in the morning and let you know what I found out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't worry about cutting grass the rest of the year. It will be so infrequent, ask me or one of your sons to do it. We will be more than happy.

Brian