Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bare-ly Breaking 90

Well, I'm back.  Just not all the way back.  I played my first 18 today.  My score was 46 - 42 = 88 at Iroquois GC.   With my '6' handicap that nets me a 82.  A far cry from par.  But, I feel pretty good about my game.  I think I chipped really well today, and got off the tee fairly well.  My fairway shots are the ones killing my score right now.  I'm doing what I was doing earlier in the year.  Pulling off the ball and hitting them off the 'toe'.  When you do that you're always going to be 'short right'!
I didn't putt that bad today, just a couple of short putts that I pulled.  But I made some nice putts today, too.  So, all in all, I was fairly pleased with my putting.  I just need to get my fairway game to come around and I'll be back.
I really felt good after finishing 18 holes today.  I think I'm getting some stamina back.  I wasn't exhausted when I got done like I was when I finished that Scramble Monday a week ago. 
So, a little more work with the fairway shots and those scores will start falling.  This was round 37 for the year.  It was a long time coming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay....I'm glad you are feeling more like yourself again.....but I'm sure not as glad as you are. :)
OJ