Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I think I see an Academy Award in my Future!

I've landed the part of 'Scoots' in the movie "Nearly Dead".  Think of "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest", only with Zombies attacking.  I read for the part of Randal, but the Director thought I'd make a better 'Scoots'.  I'd like to think it was because   my talents were better suited for this jester and schemer role rather than the fact it's a little smaller part and I wasn't very impressive when I read for the part.
I've just received the full script to study, and they're setting up an evening when the cast will have a read through.  The Writer/Director also said WHAS is interested in it and would like to do a story on it. 
This is a story about Zombie's invading a Nursing Home and the Old Geezer Residents fighting them off and saving the day.  My role of 'Scoots' is an old guy confined to a scooter who is the joker in the group.  Even though it's a little smaller part than Randal, he's still one of the main characters and gets to fight some Zombies!
I'll keep you posted on how things are going.  This sounds like it might require a lot of time, but  it will be a new experience and fun to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

50 years from now when the honor you at the academy awards, I will make sure I am there to accept the award in your honor...even though I will be 86. Very cool...congratulations on your cinematic debut.

Brian