Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It took a long time, but round 18 for the year is in the books!

It's been several weeks since I've played a full 18 holes playing my own ball.  I've played a scramble since then. 
Today was very hot, so I decided to ride the 18 holes at Iroquois GC.  We started on the back nine, so I'll list that first.  I shot a 37 - 43 = 80.  I feel like I played very good today.  Yep, I messed up several shots, but overall, I was pleased with my play.  Especially after not playing much in the past several weeks.  I birdied #10 and #13, and a par on #14 had me 1 under after 5 holes!  But, a bogey, par, bogey, bogey finish  had me 2 over for the 9.  But, the bogey on #17 was with a lost ball in the weeds.  So, I was very pleased with a bogey on that hole.
  I think the hot weather and riding helped me play  better today, even though I haven't played much lately.  I know I was getting a lot more distance on my shots, with the heat and the fairways drying out   letting the ball roll a little.
I play Shawnee GC Thursday.  I'm sure it hasn't grown in much yet, but at least the mud should be dried up!  I think we'll be able to find grass to sit the ball on and the thin grass will allow a lot of roll.  Should be OK.  I plan on walking Thursday.  Shawnee is nice and flat and even though it will be hot it should be very walkable. 
When I finished the front nine with my 37 I was thinking it might get me some money.  But I heard a lot of low scores on the first nine so I think it unlikely that will win anything.  I'll let you know.

No comments: