Thursday, May 19, 2011

The ol' Fishing Poles are ready to go!

The Fishing Rods and Reels I've had stored in the basement for over 20 years without being touched have now been cleaned, oiled, new line installed, tested, and are ready to go.  I only had one casualty.  One of the small child's rod and reel set had unrepairable damage.  So, I canabalized the two that I had to make one good one that works.
One of them had some teeth on the gear broken and one of them had a spring broken on the reel face.  So, I combined the two to make one good one.  At least, as good as a cheap rod and reel can be.
After finishing each one I took them outside to the driveway and made a few practice casts.  All except the open faced reel that I'm going to have to let Mark show me how to use.  But, I put new line on it and it seems to work very smoothly, so I will assume it will work OK.
Now, to get my fishing license and wait to be invited on a fishing trip.

No comments: