Friday, May 13, 2011

Round 17 for the year was a hot one!

And I don't mean I played great!  The Weather was hot.  It was just a little to warm for this early in the year.  I remember feeling the same way last Spring when it got hot early.  In the middle of summer this wouldn't have felt so bad, but this early, temperatures around 90 degrees with hight humidity is just a little much for me.  I walked the front nine but rented a cart for the back nine.  I think I could have walked it OK, but I could tell it wasn't going to be any fun.
So, for my Thursday golf round 17 for the year a shot a 45 - 39 = 84.  Not so good, but about my average.  I've said many times before that I want to finish my round with nothing worse than a bogey.  I think I had 4 double bogey's this round. 
We're supposed to play at Shawnee GC this coming Tuesday.  I think we should wait at least another week.  I'm sure the greens will be in good shape, but the fairways will still be very thin grass where the mud covered the grass during the flood.  But, Gene McDonald, who heads up our bunch of misfit golfers, likes to give the pro there our business as soon as he can because they are very cooperative all year with the tee times.
Well, the Coke Scramble is tomorrow morning.  The weatherman is calling for scattered showers and chance of Thunderstorms.  I hope we can get this in without getting wet.  The Wagner Team has almost guaranteed they'll win this thing this year.  I don't know how they can win it if they can't beat us.  We plan on winning the tournament and then sweeping the top door prizes!  I'll let you know how our plans come out.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

love the picture. so typical of what you say all summer.