Thursday, May 26, 2011

A little golf on Thursday.....very little.

When you haven't played for more than a week, sometimes you try to get a little golf in even under adverse conditions.
This morning the big red and green blob on the radar seemed to be blowing through Louisville quickly and a window of 5 or 6 hours of sunshine looked possible.  So, off to the golf course.  It was a little windy, cloudy, and the course very wet. 
We were putting out on the 5th hole, actually #14 because we started on the back 9 at Iroquois GC, when it started to sprinkle.  It was raining pretty steady when we teed off on #15.  I hit a nice ball to the middle of the green.  We broke out the umbrella's and walked down the hill to the green.  Then it really started raining hard.  I stood on the cart path holding my umbrella over me and my clubs hoping it was just a brief shower.  It wasn't.  It poured buckets.  While standing there thinking maybe we can continue if it would just quit, I turned around and looked at the green.  It was covered with water running from back to front.  If it stopped raining at that moment we wouldn't have been able to putt for at least an hour.  Just then I heard some thunder.  Time to head in!
So, I got in 5 holes today.  Wasn't playing to bad, either.  Well, at least I got a little golf in.....it's gonna have to hold me till Tuesday.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

And of course, by Tuesday the temp's going to be upin the 90's. You're going to love that.