Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Shawnee GC, after the River Runs Through It

We played our usual Tuesday golf at Shawnee.  I tried to get them to wait a couple of weeks before playing Shawnee GC.  But, NOOO, they had to play at Shawnee.  I think Gene McDonald wanted to give the Pro there a little business because he's had such a rough couple of months.  And I can appreciate that, but the course is just not ready for play yet.

No, this is not a picture of Shawnee, but it could be.  There really wasn't any standing water, but a lot of sloppy, soft mud.  And I mean 'every' fairway.  Every shot you hit plugged!  I shot a 44 on the front nine and cleaned mud off my ball 44 times.  I didn't have a clean spot left on my two towels.  I played the front nine and told the guys I was playing with that that was enough for me.  I packed up my clubs and left.
I'll give Shawnee a couple of weeks before I try it again.  They're planning to play there Thursday, I think, and I'm not playing.  If they move to Iroquois I'll try to make it, even though it looks bad for rain tomorrow. 
I would advise anyone who reads this blog to avoid Shawnee GC for at least 2 more weeks!

No comments: