Monday, May 9, 2011

Derby Weekend is over, but What A Weekend!

Another Derby has come and gone and as Monday gets here I'm a little poorer, as usual.  I liked Nehro for several weeks before the Derby and changed a couple of days before the Derby to Shackleford.  I liked both of them, and boxed them in my Exacta.  They finished 2nd and 4th, a very good showing, but, no money.  I did get a little back on my $5 win/place bet on Nehro.  But, I think with my horses finishing 2nd and 4th,  does give  a little credibility to my handicapping ability.  And, the one horse I thought  couldn't get the mile and a quarter finished last. 
But, it was a great weekend!



Thursday started off with a Parade of Hats at Chance School.  Erin had her "Fascinator" she made.  Very Pretty!  If Fascinator is not spelled correctly, well, that's the way it should be spelled.










Jill had her pretty Derby Hat.  A little more traditional.










Friday was Oaks Day.  I watched the races on TV and had a little money on each race to keep me interested.

Then, the Derby Party.  Kevin looks to be trying to peek at the horses before selecting his jackpot choice.  Come on Erin, don't let him peek!











As at all High Class Derby Party's, we had our share of "Beautiful People".















Then Sunday, "Mother's Day"!  We gathered up all the 'Mother's' and went to the Zoo. 
Erin loves her boots.











We spent about 3 hours walking around the Zoo.  It was lot's of fun.  This was taken at the new exhibit opened this season, "Glacier Run",  featuring Polar Bears, Grizzly Bears, and  Seals.






Then, to cap off the weekend, off to the Comfy Cow for some Ice Cream!  What a great weekend.  It doesn't get any better than a great weekend with the family!

1 comment:

Judith Bowman said...

Great pics! And well said, Grampy!