Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Walking 18 at Shawnee on a Nice Day

Even not playing well you can still enjoy playing golf on a day like this.  Sunshine and a high of 77.  A great day to be out walking 18 holes.  I didn't play that bad.  Just had a couple of bad holes that ballooned my score up a little.  A triple bogey on #10 didn't get me off to a very good start on the back nine.  I shot a 40 - 43 = 83 at Shawnee GC today.  I had a birdie on #4, after having a double bogey on #3.  I had several good birdie chances, but timid putting left me short of the hole on each one.  Overall, I was pleased with the round.  I hit a lot of good shots today.  Even the triple bogey, I didn't hit the ball that bad.  My drive went in the 'concret' ditch on the right side of the fairway and I tried to hit out without bottoming out and ruining my club.  Well, I topped it and rolled it about 15 feet and it stayed in the culvert.  I then chipped out about 50 yard up the fairway.  A nice iron to the green later rolled off the back.  So, overall, I really didn't hit that bad a shots on the hole, but had a little bad luck.

This was round 50 for the Year.

No comments: