Saturday, October 29, 2011

Erin's last Cross Country Race and I missed it!

Erin ran her last Cross Country Race today in Woodfor County, and I missed it.  I was playing golf.  Mary Lynn got these pictures.

Erin worked hard this year, and I think she had fun.  I think she learned a lot about running, and just exactly how hard it is to run a long distance instead of a sprint.  Two completely different kind of races.

However, I don't think she quiet has a grasp on competition.  Which, don't get me wrong, probably is a not bad thing for a 2nd grader.  But I know for a fact she could run better times than she does.  I think she's satisfied jogging at her comfortable pace and could care less if she beat anybody or not.  As a matter of fact, I'm sure she would encourage anyone near her to keep up with her, and might even slow down so that they can.  She's just a sweetie!

Here she is with her ribbon for completing and competing in this meet.  I think my Rosie Pie would be just as happy if she finished 10th or 110th.  She loves to run and likes being with her teammates, and cheering for each of them when they run.  It's been a long season, and a lot of hard work.  I think she was glad to see the season draw to a close, but I also think she'll look forward to next year.

Now, on to those Brownie Scouts!

2 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

It was a fun cross country season. So proud of Erin!

Judith Bowman said...

Proud indeed! Fun reading your blog entry, Grampie.