Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Shawnee GC for Round 54 of the Year

I played today for the first time since last Tuesday.  It really was a nice day, just a little cooler than it has been.  A storm came up when we were on about hole #5, but it stayed to the West of us and moved North.  I'm glad, because there was a lot of thunder we could hear in the distance.

I really hit some good shots on the front nine.  I just couldn't make any putts.  One of those times when you chip up close, but just can't convert the putt to save par.  I made one birdie.  That was because I put it a foot from the hole from about 150 yards out.  I did make a long putt on #9 to par the hole and keep me under 40 on the front.  I shot a 39 - 45 = 84, which is about the way I've been playing at Shawnee the past 6-8 weeks. 

I don't think being a week since I've played is what made my putting off.  I just wasn't aggressive enough on putts.  I left 3 putts on the front short of the hole by several inches when it was right on line. Long putts were pretty tough because there was so many leaves and pine needles on the greens that you couldn't clean them all out of the way so you just putted through them and hoped for the best.

I hit a lot of good drives today, and good fairway woods.  If I can just get a little more aggressive in my putting and keep hitting the ball well my game will be right on track.  Let's see, what's the odds of that happening?  Seems like at least one part of your game stays gone at all times!

No comments: