Thursday, October 6, 2011

Round 51 for the Year

I played my usual Thursday round of golf at Iroquois GC today.  I let a couple of holes mess up my good score.
I had a triple bogey on hole #12, then birdied 3 of the last six holes for a 37 on the back nine.  I ended up with a 42 - 37 = 79.
I hit a lot of good shots again, but can't seem to keep from letting those big numbers pop up on a couple of holes.  I had a double bogey on hole # 7, a par 3.  My handicap on Thursdays is now a 7, so I netted down to a 72.  Today, 2 people tied for low man with 69's.  So, I'm getting closer.  That 79 will probably drop my handicap down one stroke to a 6.  When I break 80, I've shot a good round.  If I can't win low man breaking 80, then I don't have enough handicap. 
I walked the 18 at Iroquois today.  That's a tough course to walk.  But, it was a very nice day, I played well, and got some exercise.  All in all, a real good day!

No comments: