Saturday, October 8, 2011

Playing Eagle Creek GC

I played Eagle Creek GC in LaGrange today.  I played with Julie, Jit, and Mark.  The foursome behind us was Brian, Kevin, David, and David's friend.  I played well the front nine.  Actually played well the back nine except for 2 holes.  The 12th, I took an 8 after hitting my drive in the trees and topping a 3 wood.  Then, on 17, I took a 6 after hitting one in the trees.  However, I did make a 4 from the tee....except I was hitting 3 from the tee after hitting one in the trees.  But, still, an 83 is not bad at all.
Mark's back was really bothering him.  He usually beats me when we play, so I know he was hurting. 
We all played from the 'Gold' tees, except Julie, who played from the Red.  This was the first time I've played Eagle Creek this year and was really pleased with how good a condition it was in.  The greens were in very good shape, and played pretty fast, I thought.
This was a beautiful day, the Course in good condition, and the company was excellent!  I really enjoyed playing this 52nd round of the year!

No comments: