Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'd shoot better scores if I didn't hit the ball so many times.

I played my usual Tuesday Golf at Shawnee GC again today.  I haven't shot a good round at Shawnee in many weeks.  Today was another bad round.  I know my score doesn't seem that bad, but I know how many bad shot I hit.  I shot a 41 - 44 = 85. 

I'm just hitting way too many bad shots.  I can accept shots that aren't my best.  I know I won't always hit the perfect shot, but I shouldn't be hitting as many terrible shots as I do.  I hit 2 out of bounds today.  Seems like lately '2' out of play per round is becoming the 'norm'.  I hit a ball out of bounds off the tee on numbers 10 and 17.  My score stays fairly respectible because I hit a lot of really good shots.  So, if I can just keep those terrible shots down to just shots that are only so-so, I can have a great round.

I know why I hit them.  I don't keep my concentration on the shot I know I need.  As soon as I hit a bad shot I know my focus wasn't as it should have been.  I seem to have a hard time keeping that intense concentration on each shot for an entire round.   I know I don't play deliberate golf like a lot of people, but I have pretty good concentration when I'm over the ball.  I think that's why noises or people talking when I'm hitting just doesn't bother me like it does a lot of the people I play with.  So, I know those bad shots are just a lack of concentration on the shot at hand.

Oh well, another nice walk on a nice day.  This was my 53rd round for the year!

No comments: