Saturday, October 15, 2011

Halloween Parade

Last night I marched with my son Mark in the Halloween Parade on Bardstown Road as he wore his costume he made.  All I did was hold the chain, like he was under my control.  Of course, I didn't get to see much of the rest of the parade, but I'd have to imagine that Mark was one of the biggest attractions, if not THE biggest attraction in the parade.

The Parade route was probably about a mile and a half, but I'm sure we walked at least twice that continuously going from one side of the street to the other. 


We would get calls from the people "Over here!" and "Can I get a picture?" from both sides of the street.  Mark would stop and several people would come out and Mark would put his big arms around them for a picture.  We would start lagging behind the float in front of us and would try to stay in the middle of the street and walk, wave, and try to catch up in the parade.  But it was hard to stay caught up.  People kept wanting pictures.  "Turn this way", "Can you stop for a picture?".  I heard a lot of good comments about his costume.  And, I'm sure Mark had a great time. 

When we got back to the car and mark was able to take off his costume, he was soaking wet!  It was a cool night, but in the costume and as much walking and bending over as he did, I'm sure he's tired and sore today.

The Parade was great fun.  I'm sure all the people loved Mark's Costume.  If they gave away prizes, I feel sure Mark would win first place!

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I was only with them for a few blocks taking pictures, and he was certainly the crowd pleaser.