Thursday, September 1, 2011

Round 43 FTY, keeping it below 80

I played bad but scored well.  You know what I mean.  My chipping and putting was good today and made a so-so round pretty good.  Making a 30 foot birdie putt on the first hole didn't hurt.
I hit the ball well off the tee, but my fairway shots left a lot to be desired.  Actually, my putting was just adequate, but my chipping was excellent.  I think there were three holes my chips were up to about a foot from the hole.  I shot a 40 - 37 = 77.  My handicap is still a 6 on Thursday, so my net 71 won't win low man.  But, the good news is that 2 people on my team beat me with net score.  So,....maybe we can win the team bet again.  I had to leave before everybody got in, so I'll find out later and let you know.
***Well, I found out we lost low team by .2, that's 2/10 of a point!

2 comments:

Judith Bowman said...

I like the happy golfer guy.

Judith Bowman said...

Oh, sorry Bad Bob. Didn't mean to sound frivolous in light of your loss by a painstakingly narrow margin. I hadn't seen the results until now. Now the happy little golfer guy seems woefully poignant. Still, I do like him... er, in a sympathetic kind of way. OK I'll stop now.