Thursday, September 22, 2011

Getting my handicap strokes back

I just finished round 47 for the year.  The best thing I can say about it is that I walked the 18 holes and it was good for me.

I played, as usual on Thursday, at Iroquois GC and shot a consistent 42 - 42 = 84.  With my handicap down to a 5 that netted me a 79.  As I've mentioned before, your team needs to average around 70 to win team bet, and to be low man you need to net down to around 66.  So I was a long way from challenging for the money.  But, I just can't feel bad about shooting an 84.  I had 2 penalty strokes today, which is unusual for me.  My game is to keep the ball in play.  I don't hit it very far so I have to rely on keeping the ball in the middle of the fairway and out of trouble.  I didn't do that very well today.  But, this is the first time I've played my own ball in 2 weeks.  So, I was a little rusty.

No comments: