Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The weather is changing and so is my golf score

The temperature is starting to drop and the ball doesn't carry as far now.  That really doesn't help a short knocker like me.  They haven't moved the tees up for winter yet, either.  Plus, today was a windy day and I think the wind was blowing against me on every hole.  Let's see, can I think of any more excuses for why I played bad today?

I played like I played early in the year.  I hit a lot of good shots, but allowed way too many bad shots to balloon my score.  I shot a 43 - 44 = 87 at Shawnee GC.  I hit two bunkers today, but got out of each OK, but two putted.  I also hit one out of bounds on 18. 

This round might help raise my handicap.  He usually throws out the high round, but I think I shot a pretty bad round either last time or time before last.  So, he can't throw all of them out.  I've gotten a little rusty over the past 3 weeks, just haven't played as much.  And, with the wind and soft ground conditions from the heavy rains, the ball would carry as far today and didn't get much roll.  So, with those few really stinker shots and the conditions, I'm not that disappointed.  It felt when I hit those good shots.  It just didn't happen often enough.

I believe this was round 48 for the year.

No comments: