Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Round 42 FTY, Back in the Saddle with an 82

My 42nd round of the year was played at Shawnee GC.  I couldn't get around without getting a couple of double bogey's, but I did manage to keep my score respectable.  I shot a 40 - 42 = 82.  A much better round than the 91 I shot last Tuesday.  I had one hole I double bogeyed and really never hit a bad shot.  I hit a very good drive, over clubbed my second shot over the green, flopped a nice ball on a the green, but it wouldn't stop rolling until it was 50 feet away. Left my putt short, about 4 feet, then made a nice putt that hit something and kept it just off the right side of the hole.  I normally don't say much about putts, but the last putt was just the way I wanted to hit it and it hit something, maybe a piece of crabgrass, andjust missed the right side of the hole.  I really hated the double bogey, but I was pleased with the way I hit the ball on that hole.
I walked the 18 holes today.  It was a beautiful day.  Nice breeze, cool in the shade, blue sky.  A really nice day to be on the golf course.  I played with "Bad" George again today, but I didn't let that bother me like I did last Tuesday.  I made up my mind that I wouldn't let him ruin my game. We have a 'Good' George and a 'Bad' George.  If you wanna know what 'Bad' George lookes like just look up "Curmudgeon" in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of him.

No comments: