Thursday, September 8, 2011

Round 46 for the Year was a Cold, Wet One

I played Iroquois GC today in my usual Thursday golf league.  My handicap is now down to 5!  I shot a 41 - 38 = 79 today, and netted down to a 74.  Our team averaged a net 76. Not so good. 
It was a cold, wet day.  It drizzled most of the time we were on the course and was a little breezy.  So, the temperature of about 65 degrees made for a wet and cold round.
I'm pleased with my 79.  I can see I won't be low man until my handicap gets a little higher.  I'm not going to shoot much better than a 79.  My problem is that I've been too consistent.  I've been shooting 78-81 most every week.  Not a score that would win me anything, but one that steadily dropped my handicap.
I hit the ball well today, and chipped and putted well.  I let a couple of shots get away from me in the fairway and had to drop out of creeks, but still managed to keep those holes down to a decent score.  Two straight holes I had penalties, one I had par, and the other I had a bogey. Not bad recoveries.
It was fun, despite not winning.  We'll get'em next week.

No comments: