Monday, September 5, 2011

Cold and Windy Golf at Weissinger Hills GC

I met Greg Lynn at Weissinger Hills GC today.  J. R. played and a friend of Greg's, Dan.  I played Saturday in 102 degree temperature and melted.  Today, two day later, I played in 65 degrees and windy and froze!  Unbelievable!
This was round #45 for the year.  I shot a 42 - 45 = 87.  I gave Greg 3 strokes a side and lost the front, tied the back, and lost the 18.  Hmm....I think I'll adjust that stroke thingy.
The forecast was for a high of 73 today.  When I got in the car at about 2:30 in was only 65 degrees and it had been windy all day.  It wouldn't have been bad if not for the wind.  A good stiff breeze can make 65 feel mighty cold!
I think I played well today but I never made a putt. The greens weren't in very good shape.  They'd had a lot of rain there overnight and the greens were pretty soft, wet, and uncut.  This made for pretty bumpy greens.
It was fun and I'm looking forward to going to the concert tonight.  But, I bet I dress warmer for that than I did for golf.

No comments: