Thursday, September 29, 2011

Golf at Iroquois for round 49 of the Year

I played Iroquois GC today as usual on Thursdays.  Like my round Tuesday at Shawnee GC, my game is not up to par.

Today I shot a 43 - 43 = 86.  With my 6 handicap on Thursday that netted me a nice round 80!

My game is just a little off.  Like it was early in the year.  Just a few shots here and there, a few putts fall.  I've been chipping well but can't convert the putt.  I feel good over the putts, but nothing falls.  And, on longer putts that I leave myself 3 or 4 foot putts, I miss them to 3 putt.  It'll come around.  I don't think it's left me for the year.  I really think the last 3 weeks or so, I was under a little more stress than I let myself believe.  I missed a couple of rounds, and I think my mind hasn't been on my game.  So, I really believe a couple more rounds under my belt and those 78 - 80 scores will start showing back up.

That's the plan, anyway!

No comments: