Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Eagle Has Landed!

Today at Iroquois I shot my 2nd Even par 9 holes in my life.  The same nine I shot even par 2 weeks ago. Thanks to an eagle on #10.  I eagled #10 and birdied #11 to be 3 under on the back nine! My eagle was a pitching wedge holed out from about 80 yards. Never started a nine like that before! I ended up shooting a 41 - 35 = 76.  I also found out my handicap on Thursdays dropped another stroke to a 6.  So, with that 6 handicap I only net down to a 70, which I'm sure won't be good enough to win low man for the day.  Usually it'll take around mid 60's to be low man.
The lowest round I've shot in my life was a 75 at Maywood GC in Bardstown.  That was about 15 years ago when our Florida Golf Trip was cut short because of rain and we finished up our tournament back up here in Kentucky.  But, the 76 today equals the closest I've ever come to shooting my age, only 11 strokes off!

Round 39 for the year.

2 comments:

Judith Bowman said...

Congratulations, Bad Bob!

Brian said...

nice round, Pop. I expect to see that same game tomorrow morning at 7:30