Sunday, August 7, 2011

Stinking up the Place!

I played two Scrambles this weekend. We really stunk up the place in both of the tournaments.  Saturday I drove to Georgetown, Ky to play in a small 6 team Scramble with all the people who I worked with in the Plastics Department at Toyota.  We finished 6 under, but bogeyed two holes!  Two teams tied for the win at 9 under.   Today I played at Cherokee GC in a Sramble for St. Martin Brotherhood.  Cherokee is an easy course.  But, we finished 1 under.  We birdied 2 holes and bogeyed 1.  This is a course that it should be easy to be 7-8 under.  It's a 9 hole course and all 4 par 4's are short.  A decent drive gets you inside 100 yards.  With 80 to 100 yard shots to the green you should be able to have a lot of very makeable birdie putts.  Not us!  We had 2 short putts all day and made both of them for our birdies. We never made any putt longer than about 4 feet.  I'm playing in a Scramble on August 20th with Brian.  I hope my game is better for that one.

No comments: