Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Another Up and Down Round

My Tuesday round at Shawnee GC was another Jekyll and Hyde round.  I shot a 38 - 44 = 82.  I walked today for the first time in a couple of weeks.  The weather today was much better than it has been, but it was still very hot.  I'm sure the heat index got up to 100 because they forecast a high of 86 and a heat index of 100. And, the last I saw the temperature was 88. 
I was really tired on the back nine.  I don't know how much that affected my score, but I feel sure it didn't help it.  I'm usually pretty steady keeping my ball in play and out of trouble.  Today I had 3 balls beside trees that I had to take a stance with my back up against a tree.  Two of them I was able to hit something decent, but the other was just a ball that rolled about 6 feet.  That was the last one and I think maybe being tired I tried to get too much out of it. That was a triple bogey on hole #16.  I finished par, bogey, so I feel like I finished pretty strong after the triple.  My handicap is now down to an 11 on Tuesday's at Shawnee GC and a 7 on Thursdays at Iroquois GC.  I would think my 82 today wouldn't change a thing on an 11 handicap.
This was round 36 for the year.

No comments: