Thursday, August 25, 2011

More Golf at Iroquois GC on a Thursday

The putts just wouldn't drop today. I didn't play that bad, but I just didn't make any putts.  Early on, I had a lot of birdie putts, then some very makeable par putts.  I just couldn't convert.  Still, I shot a 41 - 39 = 80.  Not a bad score, but a few of those putts fall and we're looking at a very good score.
The thing is, they weren't bad putts.  Just a little off.  Several were on line but inches short, mostly on the longer putts.  And, when I miss the greens in regulation and have to chip, I'm chipping very well, but can't convert the 4 or 5 footer that I've left myself.
I'm still at a 6 handicap.  It didn't drop after my 76 last week.  So my 80 today netted me a 74.  Our 3 man team today averaged net 71, so I kinda pulled them down a little with my 74.  I know I've earned my 6 handicap, but I can't shoot scores that will net me down low enough to help my team.  Oh well, as the weather starts cooling off I'm sure my scores will start going up. Then when I happen to shoot a low score my handicap will net me a winning score.


LATE NOTE:  Well, we won team low score today!  Our net 71 average was the lowest of the 4 teams today, and J. R. won low man with an 81 net 67.  He's on my team.
J. R. won $12 for low man and we got $8 each for low team.

No comments: