Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Round of Golf at Shawnee GC today was a Train Wreck!

I'd like to say something good about my round today...but,...oh, wait.  I walked the 18 holes today and got some good exercise!  That's about the only thing I can think of that was good about this round #40 for the year.  I shot a 45 - 46 = 91.  I hit 2 balls out of bounds, my tee shots on 16 and 17.  That led to a triple bogey and double bogey.  My play wasn't very sharp today, but the worst thing was my putting.  I think I 3 putted about 10 greens today.  I hit 4 of the 5 par 3's, and 3 putted 3 of them for a bogey 4.  The only par 3 I didn't hit was #8, a long hole that I always hit a driver, and today I was just off the front of the green, and got down in 3 from there for my bogey.
I just wasn't in the game mentally today.  As Yogi Berra might say, "The game is 80 percent talent and the other half mental."

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Catching up since I haven't checked blogs in a while...
Boo 91! Yay, eagle! Yay 76.