Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday's at Shawnee GC

I played Shawnee GC today as usual for a Tuesday.  The weather was nice so I walked the 18 holes.  After this hot weather and riding fairly often, I'm not really in very good walking shape.  The back nine really gets tough. But, I drag myself around. I shot a 40 - 42 = 82 today.  That's two 82's in a row at Shawnee.





I played decent today.  I thought my chipping wasn't very sharp, but my putting was pretty good. The last six holes I seemed to lose my drives to the right off the tee.  It may have been because I was tired. It did cause me some trouble but I made some pretty good recovery shots.  I think I hit my 3-wood better today than I've hit it for a long time. I'd like to see that stay around awhile.  All in all, I'm satisfied with my round.  Several double bogeys I'd like to have gotten rid of.  I did make one birdie, and that was from a great recovery shot. I hit one in the trees  to the right on #3, had to hit a driver off the deck, keeping it low, through a small opening.  Managed to roll it up on the green about 15 feet behind the hole and make the putt.  Very nice birdie!
This was round 38 for the year

No comments: