Thursday, August 4, 2011

Round 35 for the Year a Jekyll and Hyde

Well, thank you so much for the compliment. Yes, I was proud of  my accomplishment. The first nine I ever played in even par.  But, as with my normal golf, a really good nine has to accompany a not so good nine.  Today at Iroquois GC I shot a 42 - 35 = 77.  A very good score, but the 35 was even par for the back nine.  And, a lipped out a putt on 17 and a birdie putt left 3 inches short on 18, either one of those falls and I shoot under par!  The only really bad hole I had in the round was #8, where I took a triple bogey.  After hitting it in the trees, chipping out and laying up around the corner, I hit a fat shot that left be about 60 yards short of the green in 4.  Standing over my ball, lying 4, 60 yards from the green, my playing partners wanted to know if I was gonna lay up again.
My handicap is now 7 on Thursdays.  And, with this 77, it may be lower next week.  I can't win low man with a handicap that low.  This 77 is about as good as I can play, and that only netted me down to a 70.  It usually takes 68 or better to win low man.  J. R. won low man today with a 65. 
I'm playing two scrambles this weekend.  One Saturday morning and one Sunday morning.  Saturday I'm playing up in Georgetown with a lot of my old Toyota fellow Plastics employees.  We'll have about 5 teams.  It'll be nice to see them again.
Sunday I'm playing at Cherokee GC.  I have no idea who this is for.  I play 2 or 3 scrambles at Cherokee a year with the same guys and we never play well.  It's an easy course that we should be 8 - 10 under easy, and we're usually about 3 under.  Maybe this Sunday our luck will change.

1 comment:

Brian said...

keep it up for the scramble.