Friday, August 5, 2011

Most of you were unaware that this is "Kentucky Art Car Weekend"!

Mary Lynn and I went down on Main Street to the Ky Art Car Weekend at the Museum of Arts and Crafts.
These are just a few of the nice cars we saw.



A nice Stretch Limo decorated with glass beads.


This one I thought was a "Cookie Monster" look alike. I guess that's what he was shooting for.






I bet this mirror car would be tough on the eyes of other drives when the sun is shining nice and bright!










I like this car.  Looks like a lot of work went into this one.  A lot of action figures and plastic bottle caps.  I like the thermometer on the bottom rear and the action figure above it.






\


Same car, different angle.  Even those Ohio people like decorating cars.












They weren't all big cars.  I'm not sure if these were powered or not.  A couple of them looked battery powered, but this one, I don't know.








Then, what a thrill!  We got to see "Miss Art Car Kentucky"!  I got her autograph!





I thought this car was really sharp!
It was fun walking around looking at the cars and wondering what would prompt a person to decorate cars this way. It would be kinda tough driving one of these around without drawing attention to yourself. And what would be the reason they'd start decorating a car.  You can tell there was a lot of time and effort put into these cars.

3 comments:

Comma said...

I think your "cookie monster" car is supposed to be one of the aliens from "Toy Story." It looks like it anyway.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

It's so rare that we go downtown, and I enjoy Main Street. I like the personality of the museums, sandwich shops, Ky Center, etc. I know it's not convenient, but whenever I'm there I always hope that downtown Louisville thrives in the future. I especially think Main Street has a lot going on right now.

Judith Bowman said...

Downtown seems to be getting much better, doesn't it? I hope more older buildings are restored too.

Nice play on words, Bad Bob. Sharp. Ha!