Thursday, August 11, 2011

Amazingly another Sub-80 Round!

If my age keeps going up and my scores keep coming down, pretty soon they're bound to meet!  I shot a 42 - 36 = 78 today at Iroquois GC.  I played very well, but had one bad hole.  I had a triple bogey on hole #6 after hitting my second shot out of bounds. It wasn't that bad a shot, but on a side hill lie, I didn't stay down on it and caught it off the toe of the 3-wood and hit it just barely out of bounds down by the creek. 

Our team today didn't play well.  I was low man with a net 71.  Our team averaged about 75 and it takes around a 70 average to win team bet.  So, I didn't stick around today to see how we did, with the last team having 5 holes to play yet. 

It was a very nice day today and I had planned on walking, but Buddy Brown has his own cart and talked me into riding with him.  It only costs an additional $4 to ride on his cart, so I thought "What the heck".  It does keep you much more refreshed when you ride.

This was round 37 for the year.

No comments: