Thursday, April 21, 2011

A windy round 15 for the year.

We played Iroquois GC today.  Our normal Thursday golf.  I think it will be a few weeks before we can get back to Shawnee GC on a Tuesday.  The river is on the rise right now and we are supposed to have 5 inches of rain before the weekend is over.
I didn't play well on the front nine.  Plus, I had 3 penalty strokes, and lipped out 4 putts.  I shot a 48 - 39 = 87.  When I lip out putts I can't feel like I'm putting bad. I really felt good about the putts and hit them right where I wanted...but I think I was a little to firm with them.
I didn't hang around for all the groups to get in but I'm pretty sure our team wasn't the low team today.  It seems it's been very windy this Spring.  Every day I play seems to be a Windy day.  I remember last Spring it was windy all Spring and I wondered if we would ever have a calm day on the course. I'm sure it won't be long before it's 95-100 degrees and I'll be wishing there would be a little breeze.

No comments: