Thursday, April 14, 2011

Iroquois GC on a Thursday

My 79 net 65 last Thursday was the low round of the day, so I got $16 today. Pretty good pay. However, I didn't quiet play that well today.  I shot a 43 - 46 = 89.  It's strange how shooting a 79 drops your handicap 2 strokes but shooting that 89 today won't raise it a bit.  My handicap is now a 12.  I play a lot better with a 14 handicap.....I think that's my comfort zone.
I've also noticed that when I talk to my friends that I play golf with they always say "I see you've been shooting 79's....I think you need to give me more strokes."  They never seem to mention that they saw I shot an 89 and that they'll start to give me some strokes.  For some strange reason they seem to remember the low rounds and forget the high rounds.  Yep,  Greg Lynn and Bobby Flood, I'm talking about you! 
I'm going to play Quail Chase GC this Sunday with Greg and J. R..  I'll give them each two strokes a side and we play a $1 Nassau.  If I can't beat them by 2 strokes a side I ought to give them each $3.
I didn't play well at all today.  I even messed up a couple of tee shots, which I'd been hitting well.  I guess the worst part of my game was my short irons.  I think I hit every one of them fat.  My putting wasn't terrible, but I just couldn't make anything.  A couple of lip outs and scorching the edges, but they wouldn't fall.  I felt good over the putts, they just didn't go in the cup.

No comments: