Friday, April 1, 2011

Metal Detecting at the old Homestead

Mark and I went metal detecting for awhile today.  I stopped by the house where I grew up and knocked on the door.  I told the lady I'd grown up in that house and would she mind if I metal detected the yard.  She had no problem with it, so I took the back yard and Mark took the front.
This is a picture of what I found. I don't have a picture of what Mark found, but it wasn't much, either.  He did find most of an old toy car, plus about 40 cents.  The oldest coin I found was a 1969.
The house was in pretty bad shape. Windows broken out, trash in the yard, the fence falling down. I would bet the inside looked pretty bad, too.
Anybody have any idea what that triangle thing is in the picture that I found? I don't recognize it. Next to it is a handle from a little cap gun.
All in all, I was pretty disappointed with the find.

1 comment:

Judith Bowman said...

Just think, Bad Bob - that cap gun could have been one you played with as a child. Wow - that's really old.

I think that triangle thing looks like a tag I used to see on public utility boxes or poles or something like that. Not sure...