Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Round 14 for the Year

We played our Tuesday golf at Iroquois GC today because of flooding at Shawnee GC.  I shot a 44- 39 = 83.  Didn't hit the ball well on the front nine and couldn't make any putts.  The back nine I hit better shots and few putts fell for me.
I've really been having trouble hitting my irons.  It seems almost everyone of them I hit fat.  Sometimes REAL fat, and sometimes a little fat.  But always fat.  Today after several holes, and hitting fat shots, I tried moving my right hand a little more over the top of the club, a weaker grip, and it really seemed to help.  I hit much better iron shots after that.  I don't think my 39 on the back will get me any money. I'll find out Thursday. I rode a cart today instead of walking.  I just didn't feel real well and couldn't decide on the way if I was going to walk or ride.  I even hooked up my clubs to my walking cart in the parking lot, then changed my mind and decided to ride.  I sure does make a big difference when I get done at Iroquois GC if I walked or rode!

No comments: