Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursdays at Iroquois GC

I played Iroquois GC today for round 11 this year. I shot a 39 - 40 = 79.........not bad. I double bogied the last hole. 
We played the back nine first because they were doing something with the greens on the front.  The greens had a lot of sand on them, so what ever they did they put sand on the greens when they were finished and drug the greens.  They rolled pretty good, even with the sand on them.
I hit the ball pretty good today but my putting was what made my score.  Only one green I three putted for a bogey, and that was a long putt over a very rough green, and I left my first putt way short.  I birdied two holes, #4, which I think is a pretty hard hole, and #16.  My putt on #4, about a 20 foot left break putt, lipped out and the ball stopped behind the hole, on the high side, then fell in. My putt on #16 was from the front fringe below the hole about 15 feet. We had 5 groups today and our group didn't win low team.  I don't know if I was low man or not because I had to leave before everybody got in.  I had a net 65.  I'll find out Tuesday.

No comments: